I need a reliable email service

<<

loz

Pickering's Parrot

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:05 pm

I need a reliable email service

Presentley with IInet as a old customer of netcpace never had a problem with netspace in 10 year but over the last 8 months my email service has been a total hit and miss . IInet have proven to be useless in providing any solution . Problems like I dont receive or cant open attachments I send emails but they go nowhere . Can never open a PDF bla bla While I was working I cant remember having a problem in 10 years using the email service Outlook through the company so Im pulling my hair out at present looking for a answer

Tryed
Gmail useless
Bigpond hit and miss more miss than any thing
http://pickeringpost.com/

Don't get so excited calm down its not real life its the internet
<<

Mac

Soft Roader

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Re: I need a reliable email service

No Help to you , I use IInet at home (also when i was running my business) with no issues . not using outlook though .

and use Gmail when on the road or travelling o/seas , no issues links to my phone well can see attachments etc , just cant get read receipts .

maybe set up a web address that will let you use an email ie email@loz.com
Looking for somewhere to get lost
<<

Richard

O4WDC Member

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Moved all our stuff i.e. phone & isp, from iinet to Optus mainly because the kids wanted unlimited downloads and it was a better price. They were blowing 500gb a month.
I have kept a dial up account, @ $10 a month, with iinet to maintain my email address and the online storage of all my images as I have links all over the place.
Also use iinet for my domain name of rswimages.
I found iinet pretty good for service when they were our main provider.
I use outlook.com to synchronise between my PC, laptop & smart phone. It handles email, calendar, contacts but not tasks without some sophisticated patches which I have not been able to work out yet.
Richard
Pushbike Postie
2005 Landcruiser TD100
Chipped ;) FTE Club Member
Profile and Images
<<

loz

Pickering's Parrot

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Richard wrote:Moved all our stuff i.e. phone & isp, from iinet to Optus mainly because the kids wanted unlimited downloads and it was a better price. They were blowing 500gb a month.
I have kept a dial up account, @ $10 a month, with iinet to maintain my email address and the online storage of all my images as I have links all over the place.
Also use iinet for my domain name of rswimages.
I found iinet pretty good for service when they were our main provider.
I use outlook.com to synchronise between my PC, laptop & smart phone. It handles email, calendar, contacts but not tasks without some sophisticated patches which I have not been able to work out yet.

I think IInet just want to piss off all the old netspace email accounts that pay $10 a year but no longer use dial up They are achiving there goal the way they are going :lol:

Same problem here with outlook

<<

big leonski

Grammatically incorrect!

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Have you checked to see if it is an ID10T error?
Leon

MIDDLE AUSTRALIA - RANGA'S LITTLE PIGGY BANK :evil:

Toyota Landcruiser V8 - Oh, what a feeling!!

I get the feeling, when I cross the Border Ranges........The Odyssey Begins.

RIP Oneputt

Bearer of the GREY Ammo Tin
<<

subyroo

Simpson Trekker

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:51 pm

I use Internode at the moment and have done since Feb 2007 when they recommended to me by the late Johnny "Oneputt" (R.I.P.),
I have never had a major problem with their connection - email etc in that time.

I will be switching over to Bigpond at the end of this week if the connection is changed as they have said, they offered us a Home & Mob Ph
- Internet & Foxtel package and ADSL2+, the ADSL2+ is my main goal, the wife can have Foxtel unless there is a game of Rugby on that I want to watch. :lol: :lol:

Honestly Loz look at Internode, they are owned by iiNet but operate differently.
Pedro

I don't like making plans for the day.
Because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.
<<

loz

Pickering's Parrot

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:59 pm

subyroo wrote:I use Internode at the moment and have done since Feb 2007 when they recommended to me by the late Johnny "Oneputt" (R.I.P.),
I have never had a major problem with their connection - email etc in that time.

I will be switching over to Bigpond at the end of this week if the connection is changed as they have said, they offered us a Home & Mob Ph
- Internet & Foxtel package and ADSL2+, the ADSL2+ is my main goal, the wife can have Foxtel unless there is a game of Rugby on that I want to watch. :lol: :lol:

Honestly Loz look at Internode, they are owned by iiNet but operate differently.

We have Bigpond cable my problem is my email service with IInet it was fantastic up till 4 months ago

<<

Darky

Simpson Trekker

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:43 pm

loz wrote:Gmail useless

What's the issue with Gmail? I've been using it for years and love it!

No problems chasing best price of ISPs, my email never changes..............
DARKY - "One who calls a spade a spade". Or was that "one who calls a tool a tool"..............

TOYOTA Landcruiser Diesel 80 Series.
<<

jojohan

City Slicker

Post Wed May 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Thank you for all the tips guys!

I use Gmail as well and it works just fine!

Return to The IT Room